Monday, October 7, 2013

Finding Inspiration

As you know we are currently renting a little beach cottage. We don't have any house projects to work on so I have been trying to do "crafts". I am not very crafty, more DIY friendly. I need things to work on so I have taken up crafting. No better time to be crafty than the holidays. I have been putting my crafting into overdrive because my surroundings are incredibly inspiring. I love decorating a home to reflect where you live. In Cali we had a lot of surf inspired decor and in Georgia we started to lean toward the farmhouse rustic style. Now that we are in New England we may start becoming a little more colorful. Here are some inspiring photos from our little weekend drive up the Kancamagus Highway. 


Can you believe those colors???? There is a lot of hype around a New England fall and boy does it deliver. With this new inspiration has come my attempts at crafting. 

My first go at a banner (please ignore the ugly desk, not ours) 


You know I love chalkboard EVERYTHING. Painted a fake pumpkin with chalkboard paint and now we have the cutest little monogrammed pumpkin :)




After our weekend of colors, I made Brian stop at Michaels so I could do my first fall wreath. Love how it turned out. I am keeping all this inspiration bottled up to use when we do buy our New Hampshire home!


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment