Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Choosing A Color: The Front Door

I love the trend of painting the front door a fun color. Our home normally has a very subdued palette so we have decided that it would be fun to add a pop of color and personality to the front door. Inside we have a beachy coastal color scheme (basically greys with some blue and green hints) so I wanted to stick with that theme for the front door but make it a little more bold. Now I just need some help deciding. 

The door is immediately surrounded by brick and then has weathered wood shingles beyond that. 
The colors are all Sherwin Williams HGTV colors. The top color
is reading pink in this picture but it 
is more coral red. 

When I zoom out from the door you can get a better idea of all the colors and textures we are dealing with. You can also see a guest appearance from Amelia and Goose if you look close :) 

 We also plan on removing the storm door eventually so that big
 silver thing wont be in the way. 

Here is a close up of the colors. Brian and I both have favorites but I would love to hear some opinions from other people before we decide.  
Let me know what you think :)

2 comments:

  1. I like the fourth one down! It looks beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yellow! I think that it would look great next to the brick!

    ReplyDelete