Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New Painting and Living Room

Remember when Brian and I stretched a canvas? Well I put some paint on that canvas and it currently resides in our unfurnished living room. A little disclaimer: I paint entirely for fun and for therapy. I like to be creative with colors but have zero training. I really just enjoy it. 

Originally my concept was a sort of underwater feeling and looking up toward the sun. When Brian saw it he felt that it was reminiscent of looking behind a wave. I really wanted to bring a lot of color into the room and have it on theme with beachy without being too literal. I think it turned out pretty good and brings a ton of color into the room. 


You can also get a good shot of our painted yet entirely unfurnished space that we are living with right now. This is basically our looking out the window waiting for dad to come home space. We are on the hunt for a couch, chairs, rug, window treatment but we are picky and trying to wait for the estate sales to start popping up. 


Below is a before shot of the living room for fun. I took all the before pictures on a super cloudy day so they are all super dark but it does look quite a bit better.  


Now we just need some actual furniture so we can put a pin in the living room. Oh and so I can have a comfortable place to sit besides camping chairs. We are real classy that way. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment