Monday, July 28, 2014

A Bright Front Door

Remember this post back in April when I asked for help choosing a front door color. Well I finally got around to it this weekend and I am loving it. We ended up going with a bright beachy teal and I am so glad we went bold.

Before, 1st coast, 2nd coat

After three coats of Sherwin Williams Resilience, it looks so bright and cheerful. Brian and I are loving it. 

The process was very easy:
-Clean/sand door (prime if you are painting over wood)
-Use angle brush to get into the cracks.
-4" foam roller for the rest
-3 hour dry time in between coats and let cure before closing

Here are some more before and after pictures. Check out the difference in the lawn too. 


photobombing golden

This next picture is with the screen door closed. A total front door buzz kill. I may have Brian just remove it so we can fully show off the door. 


I love how it stands out. The color looks so good against the brick and the worn wood shingles. 

We still have a few things to add to the front porch but I love the progress. 

Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment