Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hanging A Gallery Wall

After living in our house for 3 months we have finally hung the first picture frames on the wall. I have always been a fan of gallery wall but I have always been terrible at hanging them. Normally I try and eyeball it and then end up putting double the holes in the wall. This time I actually measured and planned and it was much faster and looks much better. 

Supplies needed:
-Frames 
-Butcher paper
-Sharpie
-Hammer/Nails
-Measuring tape

We have a big blank wall above our love-seat that has been screaming for us to hang something. We first tried hanging a painting and it was too much color with the couches. Then we tried a large mirror but it was the same width as the couch and looked terrible. I decided to gather up any white frames we have and do a little gallery style hanging. I plan on adding a lot more frames as I collect more, but this will do for now. 

I laid out the butcher paper and arranged the frames in a way that I liked. I like when things are mismatched without being random. 
After measuring the widths I traced the frames with sharpie. 
I hung up the butcher paper so the frames were centered over the couch, not the wall.  
I used a thumbtack to mark where the frames would need to hang. Once everything looked good I put the nails into the marks right through the paper and then just tore the paper down around the nails. 

There we have it, a gallery wall! Like I said earlier I want to add more frames but I like the arrangement for now.  



No comments:

Post a Comment