Monday, March 18, 2013

Knife To Meet You

We have zero counter space in our kitchen. I think this is due to the fact that we have no island or even a peninsula. It is a nice open kitchen with not very much storage space. No counter space= a cluttered counter which then drives me crazy. I have been looking for ways to de-junk the counters and I have found one solution. A knife strip! Before we had this big knife block that took up the entire corner AND it had to be pulled out every time because of the cabinet height...yikes. 

Since this picture was taken we have painted,changed the 
back splash, changed some cabinets, 
and moved our spice rack off the counter. More on 
those changes later. 

After hearing me complain about the knife block 400 times Brian was more than happy with the idea of a knife strip and excited to hang it up for me. I bought the knife strip here after reading plenty of reviews. Since we have a dog running around and a mobile baby soon enough we didn't want to run the risk of ANYTHING falling off. I also use the knives a lot so it definitely needed to be durable. 

Well here she is in all her glory...





What a space saver! I also love the convenience of it. Now onto the task of getting all those dishwasher stains off the knives. Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment