Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sir List A Lot

Well I am jumping on the DIY blog train and I am excited. I have my baby blog and I wanted to have a way to keep family and friends up to date on all the happenings at our home.  I don't like mixing business with pleasure....wait that doesn't apply. I just wanted to keep the blogs separate so that baby lovers and home lovers don't have to mix.  If you just want to see home updates you don't have to hear about how Amelia grew a centimeter today...

I am calling the blog The Golden Peach because...can you guess??? We just moved to the Peach State from the Golden State! Our home is a very southern looking home with plenty of charm but I am finding that our decor is staying a little beachy and Golden if you will. We have been having a great time over the last 4 months trying to make this home our own however our progress has been slow. Maybe if I keep a blog it will keep me motivated and get my booty in gear.  If you read our other blog I posted pictures here a few months back.  We have had a lot of changes and I look forward to catching everyone up with the changes here on The Golden Peach. Below I am gonna show our before pictures again with my list of the basics.  Some we have already completed and the lists do not seem to be getting any shorter. 
Entryway/Hallway
-paint walls
-paint railings
-new carpet
-hang gallery wall in stairway
-new light fixture 
-floor
-scrape ceilings


Dining Room
-paint
-build farmhouse table
-find chairs
-hang picture shelves
-build buffet
-buy large area rug
-new light fixture
-curtains
-floor
-scrape ceilings

Office/Piano Room
-Paint trim/walls
-Build farmhouse style desk
-Built in bookshelves
-Buy over sized chair
-Large area rug
-new lamps/ or update old lamps
-curtains
-scrape ceilings
Living Room
-Paint walls/trim/fireplace
-Build Media console
-storage, storage, storage
-curtains
-scrape ceilings

Hall/Half Bath
-take down wallpaper/ chair rail
-paint
-refinish vanity
-new knobs or paint old ones
-frame mirror
-tile floors
-light fixture
-window treatment
 Kitchen
-paint
-open shelves
-chalkboard wall
-back plash
-new counters
-tile floor
-new appliances
-update knobs
-remove cabinet above sink
-knife strip
-3 new light fixtures
-floating shelves
-window treatment
-scrape ceiling

Basement
-finish laundry room area
-create mudroom nook
-storage shelving
-new carpet/tile
-exercise room?

Georgia Porch
-paint ceiling
-replace screen
-paint floor
-ping pong table
-build outdoor seating
-outdoor rug
-light fixture

Backyard
-Grass
-Level out
-remove some trees

I can't wait for this new adventure and show the progress that we are making. We have a lot of halfway done projects and I look forward to sharing all the dirty details.  



No comments:

Post a Comment