Friday, March 15, 2013

March Madness

We have been working our little tails off lately on projects. I wanted to write everything down so we could be held accountable for getting these projects done. We have completed probably 20% of all the projects we want to accomplish this month. Here it goes:

1. clean and paint plastic planters for front porch
-When we moved into the house I noticed our previous owner left behind some old plastic planters. They have been sitting outside collecting dirt and pine needles. I want to hit them with the hose, a nice coat of paint, and after picking out a plant put them on each side of the front door.

2. mason jar pendant light
-Our light fixtures in the house (the WHOlE house) leave a lot to be desired. The kitchen is the room I spend the most time in so we are tackling those first. I have decided I want to try a mason jar light fixture. We knew we wanted a pendant light above the sink and since we have a little country rustic decor I think it will look great. After 4 stores today I finally got all the supplies for the fixture for around $15. No excuse not to get this done soon!

3. paint/finish my pitcher collection
-Three months ago I saw a ceramic pitcher while perusing thrift stores and had a light bulb idea. How great would it look to have  ceramic pitchers on shelves in the dining room? I didn't want all different colors and patterns so I picked up some paint and started thrifting. I have found 7 pitchers for all under $3 and picked glossy white for the paint. The project is very close to being done and it looks great! Well when I say done that just means with the pitchers I already have...

4. finish trim in kitchen
-We recently took down some cabinets in our kitchen and have not yet fixed the trim. No biggie and not very exciting, just on this list. 

5. finish painting Amelia's inherited crib
-We inherited a really great crib for Amelia. The crib is actually the crib that I slept in as well as all my siblings. Its a great Jenny Lind crib circa 1982. I love it but I didn't love the Oak finish so I have decided to paint it white. In the meantime Amelia is sleeping in the pack n play so this needs to get done. Luckily Amelia doesn't seem to notice.

So there is the list. There are other things on the list but I'm not sure they will actually get done this month so I don't want to put to much pressure on.  We do hope to finish the dining room table, find chairs (thrifted), and finish the paint in the guest bathroom. Since we don't watch college basketball we are having our own version of March Madness over here. Wish us luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment